According to CMU Decree No. 569-r of 22 August 2018 “On approval of proposals for the allocation in 2018 of budget funds for regional development projects that can be realized at the expense of funds received from the European Union under the implementation of the Financing Agreement for the Sectoral Support Program Policy – Support to the Regional Policy of Ukraine, which have been competitively selected” UrkISTEI project “Development of an Interregional Technology Transfer Network” has been competitively selected and will be realized at the expense of funds received from the European Union in the framework of the implementation of the Financing Agreement of the Sectoral and Regional Policy Support Program of Ukraine. The project is designed for 3 years. As a result of the project is expected:
- creation of the Interregional office of knowledge and technology transfer based on UkrISTEI for support, methodological and information escort and coordination of regional technology transfer networks;
- development of regional technology transfer network in the Kharkiv region based on regional knowledge and technology transfer center;
- development of the regional technology transfer network of the Southern region based on the creation of the regional center of knowledge and technology transfer in the Odesa region;
- emergence of a complex automated information system of the interregional network of knowledge and technology transfer (KAIS).
The relevance of the project:
A detailed analysis of the situation has proved that in today ‘s information space there are already functioning information integrated systems of different levels, from systems of individual large associations, libraries, city-wide integrated information systems, systems of public authorities to international integrated information resources. The project to create an interregional technology transfer network will help identify ways of perspective development of national information resources and their integration with resources of other countries. The established network of integrated information resources on new scientific and technological achievements and high technologies can be used not only in interregional, but also in interstate exchange of scientific and technical information.
The urgent task is to expand UkrISTEI’s links, both within Ukraine and with foreign scientists, to create an interregional technology transfer platform for collective use, using the European open innovation approach to attract the potential of regional institutions and businesses.
A similar project is currently underway in the EU, “Study on Knowledge Transfer and Open Innovation, The Joint Institute for Innovation Policy (JIIP)”. This project develops a pan-European information system for open innovation and knowledge transfer in scientific and business cooperation.
The creation of data systems (networks) is aimed at providing assistance and advice to entrepreneurs, scientific organizations and individual researchers in the field of international cooperation and technology transfer.
Objectives of the project:
Overall objective: Development of institutions and networks in the field of knowledge transfer, digital technologies and innovation.
- Specific objective 1. Establishment of an Interregional Knowledge Transfer Office based on the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and UkrISTEI for support, methodological and information escort and coordination of regional technology transfer networks.
- Specific objective 2. Development of regional technology transfer network in the Kharkiv region based on regional technology transfer center.
- Specific objective 3. Development of the Regional Knowledge and Digital Transfer Network of the Southern Region based on the creation of the Regional Knowledge and Digital Transfer Center in the Odessa region.
- Specific objective 4. Creation of an interregional technology transfer platform for collective use, using the European open innovation approach to attract the potential of regional institutions and businesses.
- Specific objective 5. Interregional technology transfer system which supports innovation through the use of integrated information resources.
Target groups in general and in pilot regions:
- Project participants from science, education, expert communities, the public: representatives of research, innovation centers, incubators, technoparks, startups, etc.
- Representatives of industrial enterprises, information and communication technologies companies, innovative companies.
- Small and medium-sized businesses, entrepreneurs with the opportunity to Engage in Innovation and the introduction of digital technologies.
- Other stakeholders.
Expected economic results and indicators:
Increasing the level of competitiveness of all regions is a priority of national regional policy and a precondition for joining the European community. The result of measures taken to achieve this goal should be to increase the level of development of the region, its economic activity, the formation of the economy on a more sophisticated technological basis. The project will create a mechanism for disseminating knowledge and digital technologies from knowledge centers and digital technologies, which are mainly concentrated in educational, scientific institutions and IT companies in the pilot regions, to other enterprises and territories, which will enable the internal factors of business development to be used, administrative centers of districts, small towns and rural settlements. It is envisaged to take measures that will promote the development of human capital, the introduction of the latest technologies, which as a result will promote the attractiveness of territories for investment and activation of economic activity.
Increasing the level of innovation and investment capacity of the regions, which will contribute to the formation of a favorable investment climate, a positive investment image and promotion of the investment opportunities of the regions of Ukraine to the foreign market.
- Increased foreign direct investment in pilot regions till 2020.
- 10% increase in jobs.
- Stronger regional economy. Increase of the volume of the realized innovative production to 4.7% of the total volume of the realized industrial production.
- Improvement of conditions for innovative business is expected to increase the number of high-tech businesses. The attractiveness of the region for business. Industrial output growth of approximately 20%.
The development of an interregional technology transfer network will allow selecting effective projects in the system of priorities of the national development of Ukraine, which rationally use the existing innovative potential of the regions of the country. This will lead to an increase in local and state budget revenues.
As a result of the project, an increase in the number of regional technology transfer institutions is expected, the creation of high-tech start-ups and enterprises, and the increase in the efficiency of regional programs in the fields of science, technology and innovation; formation of regional and interregional innovation ecosystems and inclusion in international value chains.
Social impact of the project:
The development of this project will have a positive social impact on the innovative development of the regions. It will lead to job creation; improving the quality of service delivery to European standards and standards. It is expected to establish social partnership and social responsibility of all subjects of the network of knowledge transfer and digital technologies of the regions in the context of ensuring the development of intellectual potential and the accumulation of human capital. The project will stimulate the development of innovative culture by promoting the implementation of scientific, inventive and innovative activities, as well as the creation of a holistic system of education, taking into account the staffing of innovative activities.
Environmental impact of the project:
The development of innovative infrastructures in the regions will lead to the introduction of high technology and environmental improvements. It is also expected to increase the effectiveness of the mechanism of environmental standardization and certification of products, protection of intellectual property rights, observance of copyright and related rights, ensuring the achievement of high standards of quality, safety, environmental friendliness of products.