The Ministry of Digital Transformation announced the results of the national competition of IT projects for the fight against coronavirus #HackCorona in Ukraine. The prize fund will be UAH 5 million.
The competition was launched on April 1, 2020. During the week, the organizers received 899 ideas, highlighting 22 finalists among all applications.
The jury of the competition, consisting of 11 people, conducted online interviews with each of the teams at Zoom, which also included specialized experts. Based on the results of video conferencing, 5 winners were selected, and one project was awarded a special prize. The total prize fund for the winners is UAH 5 million.
- KAZKOZVUK — a project created for children with visual impairments.
- VUIKO — the marketplace for local manufacturers of craft farm products.
- SkillAR — mobile augmented reality platform for distance interactive learning.
- Digital Women 2020 — stimulating the development of small and medium-sized businesses in Ukraine in times of crisis and quarantine.
- «Слухай» — library of audio books in Ukrainian.
The Support for Life project, designed to improve the quality of life of people with disabilities by creating the possibility of inclusive online education, was awarded a special prize.
Ideas rated according to the following criteria:
- Innovative solution
- Social influence
- Development prospects.
The team had to have a clear idea of the target audience and scope, demonstrate specific development and scalability opportunities across the country.
The partners of the National #HackCorona IT project competition in Ukraine are the EGAP program, funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation and implemented by the Eastern Europe Foundation and Innovabridge and the UN Development Program (UNDP).