On May 20, 2020, the Ministry of Education and Science announces an additional competition for the selection of representatives and experts from Ukraine to the committees responsible for monitoring the implementation of the EU Horizon 2020 research and innovation framework. Applications will be accepted until 16:45 on June 19, 2020.
An additional set is carried out to enhance the participation of Ukraine in the work of these committees in the context of combating the COVID-19 pandemic and overcoming its consequences, as well as to better align national policies with the policies of the European Research Area. Attraction of representatives and experts is expected before the completion of the implementation of the Horizon 2020 projects by participants from Ukraine.
To participate in the competition, the candidate must:
- Fill out the electronic application form and attach the following documents to it with a single file in Adobe Acrobat.pdf format. File name: “last name of the contestant_name of the program committee”.
- Send paper documents to the authorized structural unit of the Ministry of Education and Science – the Directorate of Science and Innovation – at Taras Shevchenko Boulevard 16 m. Kyiv, 01601 with a stamp on the envelope until 06/19/2020, inclusive.
List of documents:
- CV and short reasoned information (in any form) about the priorities of activity as an official representative or expert in two languages: Ukrainian and English;
- application for participation in the competition;
- copy of identity document;
- copies of documents on higher education or academic degree;
- list of international and European projects in which the candidate participated as a participant or as a manager;
- written consent of the candidate for the processing of personal data in accordance with the Law of Ukraine “On the protection of personal data”.
Selection is carried out in such committees:
- European Research Council. Future and latest technology. Actions of Maria Skłodowska-Curie: 1 representative and 1 expert;
- Small and medium-sized enterprises. Access to financial risks: 1 expert;
- Climate, environment, efficient use of resources and raw materials: 2 experts;
- Europe in a changing world – inclusive, innovative and conscious societies: 1 expert;
- European Research Area: 1 representative;
- Strategic configuration: 1 representative and 1 expert;
- Nanotechnology, new materials, biotechnology, advanced industrial production: 2 experts;
- Safe societies – protecting the freedom and security of Europe and its citizens: 1 expт.
Phone: (044) 287-82-17 (Olena Harina).
Expert – a person acting independently, in the public interest and is an expert in the field of activity committee.
Representative – a person appointed by the company, association, non-governmental organization, trade union, university, research institute, law firm, a government agency to express a general interest in the work of the committeeу.
The competition is held in accordance with the Procedure for the selection of representatives and experts to the committees responsible for monitoring the implementation of the Horizon 2020 European Union Research and Innovation Framework Program, approved by order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine on June 23, 2017 No. 919, which registered with the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine 07/19/2017 p. No. 876/30744.
The working procedure of the Commission for the selection of representatives and experts in the committees responsible for monitoring the implementation of the European Union Framework Program for Research and Innovation “Horizon 2020”, approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated November 30, 2016 No. 873, can be found at the link.