At the Ivan Franko Lviv National University held the Evgeny Gladyshevsky All-Ukrainian competition of young researchers “Crystals”. The winners of the senior age category were determined remotely.
“This year, due to quarantine, we changed the format of the competition, but the participants successfully coped with the challenge. The works of schoolchildren are original, their ideas have real potential. We hope that we will soon lively award the winners in Lviv”, – said Roman Gladyshevsky, chairman of the organizing committee.
The places in the competition were distributed as:
- 1st place – Olexandr Barabash, a student of the 7th grade of the Kryzhanovsky UVK “Comprehensive school of I-III steps, lyceum, preschool educational institution”, with the work “Salt lamp-clock: a smart and useful gadget made of crystals”;
- 2nd place – Bogdan Virsta, a student of the 9th grade of the V. Levitsky Ternopil secondary school I-III levels No. 16, with the work “Measurement of the microhardness of hydrated crystals”;
- 2 місце – Дмитро Гетьманський, учень 9 класу Бердянської загальноосвітньої школи І-ІІІ ступенів №4, з роботою «Кристалічні нанотекстуровані накопичувачі енергії для живлення сучасних ґаджетів»;
- 3rd place – Bogdan Kuzyk, a student of the 10th grade of the T. Shevchenko Sokalsky comprehensive sanatorium school of I-III art, with the work “Safety glass made of sapphire crystals”;
- 3rd place – Ruslana Popravko, a student of the 8th grade of a branch of the T.G. Shevchenko Dmitrov secondary school of I-III levels, with the work “The influence of the paramagnetism of Ni2 + ta Co2 + ions on the absorption of monochrome light by crystals of their double salts”;
- 3rd place – Dmitro Ryzhiy, a student of the 10th grade of Ukrainian gymnasium No. 1 (Ivano-Frankivsk), with the work “Determining the physical properties of piezoelectrics based on grown crystals of Rochelle salt and using crystals for the manufacture of small acoustic devices”;
The work “Crystals and the Present” by Vadym Filatov, a student of the 9th grade of the International French School (Kyiv) received a special award from the chairman of the jury.
A total of 133 student abstracts on the topic “Crystals and Gadgets”.
The organizers of the competition are the Small Academy of Sciences, the Lviv Regional Small Academy of Sciences and the Ivan Franko LNU.