The government has appointed Olga Polotska, candidate of philology, as executive director of the National Research Foundation (NRF). The corresponding decision was made on July 8, 2020, during a meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
In August 2019, during an open competition for the position of the executive director of the NRF, Olga Polotska became the second by results. According to the regulation governing the election of the Executive Director of the NRF, she had the right to be appointed Executive Director during the year if the position became vacant.
On May 19, 2020, the Government dismissed Executive Director Boris Sorochinskiy from his post at his own request. Therefore, the Scientific Committee of the National Council on the Development of Science and Technology, which serves as the supervisory board of the NRF, considered the candidacy of Olga Polotskaya and agreed on her appointment as an executive director. The final decision was made by the Cabinet of Ministers.
In the position of the executive director of the NRF, Olga Polotska is involved in organizing the ongoing work of the fund, technical and organizational support for competitions, providing funding for research and development under concluded agreements, etc.
Polotska Olga Olexandrivna was born on May 7, 1975.
In 1997 graduated with honors from Kharkiv State University with a degree in English and Literature, qualification: philologist, teacher of English and literature, English, translator.
By 2000, she worked as an English teacher. After that, she began work at the V.N.Karazin Kharkiv National University, where she worked as a teacher, senior teacher, assistant professor and head of the English language department of the faculty of foreign languages.
2008 received the scientific degree of candidate of philological sciences in the direction of “Germanic languages”, in 2011 received the title of associate professor.
Since January 2019, she worked as the head of the department for working with foreign clients of the V. I. Grishchenko Clinic for Reproductive Medicine.
The National Research Fund was established on July 4, 2018. One of its important functions is grant support for research and development of Ukrainian scientists despite their departmental subordination. Grants can be individual, collective or institutional.
The first NRF contests began on May 15 and 21 of this year, while the acceptance of projects is completed, an examination process is ongoing.
In the future, grant support is also expected:
- development of the material and technical base of research and development of a high level;
- development of scientific cooperation, in particular scientific mobility, organization, holding and participation in conferences, symposia, joint research of universities and scientific institutions and the like;
- scientific internship of scientists, graduate students and doctoral students, including abroad;
- creation, operation and development of research infrastructure;
- transfer of knowledge and its dissemination;
- projects of young scientists;
- activities aimed at attracting young people to scientific and scientific-technical activities;
- popularize science.
The governing bodies of the fund are:
- Supervisory Board (its functions are performed by the Scientific Committee of the National Council on the development of science and technology),
- Scientific Council (it includes 30 Ukrainian scientists from scientific institutions and universities, the staff was approved by the Government on December 27, 2018),
- fund chairman (on March 6, 2019, Leonid Yatsenko was appointed to this position),
- executive management.